From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 10:13:38 -0500
HI,

Usually P3 1gigs, will use S-dram pc133 memory

The board has 3 slots
You are using 1 at 256M

Windows 98 has a 512m limitation on memory, So I would only get
an addiitonal 256m module if you are staying with Win 98.
But if you are thinking of going to Win 2k or win XP then get 2
256 or 512 pc 133 modules ( though price is currwently high) to fill up
the slots

You can fill the slots in the board with win 98 but it just won't use
all the memory.

If you try and buy the cheapest memory that you can find, don't be
surprised if the board
Reads the memory at 1/2 of what it is suppose to be.  I recommend you
buy
Low density memory ( double sided stuff) and not high density ( single
sided) so that the
Board recognises it correctly.

Also, check out your costs to performa tur upgrade now.  You can get
some inexpensve mainboars, a new CPU and 256DDR for just a little more
than what some PC133 low density memory may coast you.

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore

Hello,

I need more memory, as I'm getting into graphics,
with a focus on the Macromedia Studio MX suite of products.
I used Belarc to id what's here, but can't seem to get my head around
what to order, in terms of memory; nor can I get a handle on translating
what Crucial says my system can take, as I read what Belarc says my
system is.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com