From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 17:10:58 -0500
Win-ME upDATE detected and installed this in a "Clean Format" installation
of Win-ME using a Win98SE upGRADE disk ONLY for verification.
All seemed well until I started to add a second video card weeks? later.
(That is still not resolved.)
When I checked, after moving video cards around, but NOT the SIIG card,
the SIIG card (and the LS-120-IDE and Zip-IDE both masters on separate
ports on this card) had disappeared.  I tried to let Win-ME detect it again,
several ways, and use the same drivers again it had installed, but that did
not work.
I took out the card, then it was re-detected but I had to use the drivers on
the floppy I had. (I know I did not use them the first time because I had to go
find them and the hard drive had been brand new, and blank...)
Promise has answered an e-mail and said it is not supported.
I was wondering why? I could use it for just the LS-120 and Zip...
I do not ever plan to use hard drives over 32G on it. (Also the MB limit.)
Actually, I only have 20G drives anyway...
Would that be what they were worried about?
Or MB or hard drive speed. I only have 100m FSB boards, and
ATA66 drives (running at 33).
Any "pointers" to White papers, etc., would be welcome on or off list.
There are "no new" drivers on either WEB site.
                 Rick Glazier