From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 01:11:34 -0800
  Some SCSI controllers let you configure which SCSI ID is the boot device
(definitely including the 2940UW -- press Ctrl-A when it gives you the
option to do so; others always use device 0.  I'm not sure which category
the Fireport falls into.

David Gillett

On 10 Dec 2003 at 18:09, James Maki wrote:

> I am putting together a second computer with spare parts for a Linux system.
> I have an older Fireport 40 SCSI adapter and Adaptec 2940UW SCSI adapter. I
> want to pair one of them with an old SCSI CDROM and SCSI CDRW. I don't have
> a spare IDE CDROM and the Linux installation CD is a boot CD.
>
> I have not been able to find the method to have the SCSI CDROM as a boot
> device. I have tried to designate "SCSI" as the primary boot device in the
> BIOS but I still get an error message upon booting that there is no boot
> device available. Any suggestions or hints on what I need to do? Thanks.
>
> Jim Maki
>
>             Do you want to signoff PCBUILD or just change to
>                     Digest mode - visit our web site:
>                    http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com