From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 18:40:19 -0800
  Master and slave jumper settings are specific to IDE/EIDE/ATAPI type
interfaces.

  SCSI assigns each device an ID (0-7 for narrow SCSI, 0-15 for wide).  The
controller is usually device 7, and it's normal to have the boot drive be
device 0.  (Some controllers let you change that, some don't.)  The devices
are all connected, in (more or less) any order, to a bus which must be
"terminated" at each end.  Controllers and some drives have termination
circuitry on board that can be enabled by a jumper or configuration; for
those that don't, separate terminator units can be plugged into the lat
connector on the bus.
  But since these systems have already been used, the hardware configuration
*should* already be in a working state.

David Gillett

On 5 Dec 2003 at 10:17, Heath Purdy wrote:

> take a look at the hard drive and cd rom and make sure they are set at the correct jumpers master, slave etc.. Then look in the bios to see what the bios has them set at.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml