From:
Eric Wertman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 12:22:23 -0400
What type of sound card did he add?  I put a SoundBlaster Audigy card in
my WinXP machine recently, and ended up with the firewire interface on
that card as my default network connection (somehow?).

If this isn't it, he needs to check for IRQ conflicts.  It's possible
that the new soundcard needs to be moved to a different PCI slot too, as
on many motherboards they are pre-set to share resources.  I still can't
use the PCI slot just below the AGP connector on my 440BX board.

I'm sorry I can't recall how to check IRQ settings on a Win9x setup; I
know it's in the device manager somewhere, though.

HTH

Eric Wertman