From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 11:36:05 -0400
Sounds like the PCI soundcard is conflicting with the PCI NIC card, a common problem. Check in device manager for the sound card and the NIC under resources to see the IRQ's for each, and if there is a conflict, it will show.  If so, try disabling or removing the soundcard in device manager to see if you can get back on the Internet. This will require a restart, so Win Me will report new hardware, the sound card, on restart. Click cancel on the new hardware wizard.  If that doesn't work you'll have to physically remove the soundcard to see if you can get back on the Internet.  I had this problem with a Creative Labs sound card, and wound up moving it to a different PCI slot, but that doesn't always work.  You may be able to go into your BIOS during the boot to force a different IRQ on the soundcard.  Whether you are able to do that depends upon your BIOS, your mobo, and your level of computer knowledge.