From:
A Cassel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Mar 1998 09:56:21 -0800
Hi all,

I just finished installing a new HD on my Compaq CDS 982, and other than
a few little problems (resolved by our wonderful moderators), it went
smoothly.  I did a clean install of Win95A (since updated w/ service
pack1, and font smoother), but my CD doesn't show in DOS.  When trying
to access it in DOS I get;

C:\>L:\
Invalid drive specification
C:\>

L is my CD drive and the old Config.sys still accessible in the now D:
drive contains the statement;
DEVICEHIGH. /L:2,14832 =C:\CPQDOS\CPQIDECD.SYS / D:IDECDOO1

My new config.sys from the clean install makes no statement concerning
the CD.  I have easy access to the CPQIDECD.SYS file but where should I
install it and what's the command I should put in my new config.sys.

TIA to all the good folks in this group,
Art Cassel