From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 10:14:59 -0400
You might try checking all the power related connections.  I built a PC using a used
diskette drive and the PC  was totally dead until I replaced the diskette drive with a new one.
Something was wrong with the power connector, not the ribbon cable, and the pc acted
totally dead until the new drive was installed and the power connector tightly attached,
then it booted up fine.  Touching the case may be all it takes to disturb a bent or broken connection.
In fact my PC would boot if I completely dettached the broken diskette drive, and that was
how I isolated the trouble.
Tom Turak

Hello all,

This is my first posting, please be kind.  I have just put together a new
system am having power related problems.  I have no peripherals installed,
just a video card and a hard drive so that I could test it.  Here is what I
have:

ATX Midtower case by MinMaw
FIC PA-2012 motherboard
AMD K6-233
32MB SDRAM DIMM
3.2GB Western Digital HDD

I can get it to power up, and I have even installed win95..everything seems
fine.  Unless I bump the case, or insert a floppy disk while it is powered
on.
Lucas Taylor