Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 23:53:22 +1000
Mark alreay answered your questions, however here is my exp on it. I'm using
600M fixed swap file, Windows load up everything faster, because windows doesn't
need to locate disk space from everywhere on harddisk. Get a large fixed swap
file will also help to avoid "out of disk space" problem sometimes (you know
someone would like to use every bit of his harddisk, so he will create problem
when free disk space is low. I have some cases that users only have 30M disk
space left and still thinks they have large amount of space to use. In cases
like this, pre-take 400M swap space away will be the best bet.)

**For every win9x machine I setup, I will make a fixed 400M-600M swap file
straight away after the OS is installed.

Jun Qian

Uzi Paz wrote:

> If we make a fixed size swap file, say 5 times bigger, will it take longer
> for Win98 to make the swapping?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html