From:
Amy Ledford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:44:09 -0700
Tony,

Thanks for the reply. The PC does begin to boot
normally, all fans are spinning, all lights are on.
Just before the icons load on the screen, the monitor
goes out, the power indicator shows it to be in
standby mode, that is, the light is yellow instead of
green. At the very same time, the ethernet light also
goes out. I think that you are probably right about
the ethernet issue being a symptom. Even after the
monitor is "out" the power light on the PC is still
on, the fans are still spinning. I can hear and see
them spinning. Do you still think that the power
supply is the culprit?

Thanks again, Amy Ledford