From:
"Tony M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 09:19:42 -0700
Amy -

Based on this post, I don't think it's your video card.  I'm leaning
more towards your power supply.  I was under the impression that your
computer got through a part of the boot process then the video went
out.  If this is not a power supply problem, then it could well be
the motherboard itself.
I feel that the ethernet light is really not a "problem" - it is a symptom.
As I recall, you said the machine wasn't used for heavy-duty gaming
or anything like that.  I don't think you need to shell out the money
for a 256mb video card when a 64mb or 128mb card would serve just
fine.  In any case, it's probably not the video card that's causing
this problem.

Tony Mayer

>Tom/Tony/List...
>
>I have pretty much decided that I will purchase a
>video card. My question now is: should I go for the
>256Mb or a lesser card? My main issue is money...but I
>also see no point in buying a lesser quality if I will
>have turn right around and buy another higher quality.
>
>The video whatchacallit is onboard, it is NOT a card.
>My friend's monitor works on my PC, but neither her
>monitor nor mine will work on her PC. Therefore, I am
>unable to boot to safe mode, as far as any method of
>which I am aware. There are no keyboard lights, nor is
>there ethernet function. There are no beeps. However,
>ALL the other lights do light as you would expect
>normally.  PLEASE...if there are more ideas, please
>share! Thanks again!
>
>Amy Ledford

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml