From:
"gary r. tennesen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 19:02:21 -0700
  The question you are asking is, "where would I get a Wingate server..."
If you want one, you can download the software for free with a 1 client
trial but I'm wondering if you would rather just have a working, stand-alone
computer that can connect to the Internet like it is supposed to.

If you are having Internet connectivity issues and your computer is
stand-alone, then go to the settings of Internet Explorer or Navigator and
tell it to use dial-up networking by 'unchecking' the "i am connected to a
LAN" box.

There is a hosts.sam file that has your IP address with the Wingate server's
name that you may need to edit on your machine.

Wingate's home site has very good documentation on how to set up a Wingate
server, if that is what you wish to do.

  Please provide a little more information....   ie:  are you a home network
running with multiple computers?   are you a stand-alone computer that wants
Internet access?  By nature of your question, I interpret you to be saying
that you have inherited a network computer that has some settings that no
longer apply -- is this true?

Hope to be of help! :)
--gary r. tennesen