From:
Donna Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:57:22 EST
I wrote the PCSoft Listserv last week about a  trojan horse virus that Avast
was picking
up.  After recommendations  from this list, I turned off the system restore
and did a full scan.  I  powered down the machine and before I could go back
in
and turn the  system restore back on, the system started to boot up and went
a  blue screen.  It will not move from this screen.  It has an  error message
that basically says:  STOP:  C0000135 Cannot  find  WINSRV.  Reinstalling
may fix this problem.  I put my  recovery CD in,  but once it starts to boot
up, it
keeps going back to  the blue screen with the error message..it won't read
off the CD.   As it boots up, my only two choices are F2 or F12.  What do I
do  now????  My  system is less than a year old.  It's a Dell with  Windows XP.

Donna  Olson

Faith  involves patience. Accept that you may have to wait for results--and
when they  come, they may not be what you hoped or prayed  for.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml