From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 16:22:50 -0500
Charles,

You haven't given us much detail about your problem so
I will start with some very basic items.

First of all, can you hear a music CD?
PC sound and audio CDs use different parts of the computer, if both
do not work, then the problem could be your speakers.  Make sure they
are plugged in, turned on, and have the appropriate power.

Next, point to and single click the little yellow speaker in the bottom
right corner
of your screen.  Make sure the sound level is at least 1/2 way up and the
MUTE checkbox is blank.

Still no sound?  Point to the same yellow speaker and DOUBLE-click it.
make sure all the sliders (except volume) are fully up and no MUTE
checkmarks are turned on.

If that still doesn't solve your problem, we will need a lot more details
about
your system.
What CPU?
What brand and model Sound Card?
What brand and model speakers?
What were you doing JUST BEFORE you lost sound?
etc. etc.

Jim Meagher