From:
Kevin Nowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 00:54:48 EDT
With your kind assistance, I've gotten passed the 500MB limit (after having
chosen LBA in CMOS HDD detection), thank you again.

I've still got a conflict of some sort going on with the Hard disk
controllers.  In Device Manager under Hard disk controllers it lists:  Primary
IDE controller (single fifo) and then Standard Dual PCI IDE Controller.
There's a yellow exclamation by the primary IDE controller.When I check the
properties for the Primary IDE controller it says "This device is not present,
not working properly or does not have all the drivers installed"

I have no idea what drivers it's talking about.  The Samsung HDD didn't come
with anything (It's a  Samsung WA32162A 2.1gig)  I've been to their website
and all they offer are the manuals.

When I click on Performance, it says "Compatibility mode paging reduces
overall performance" and underneath it say "Master Boot Record modified".  In
the help section it says it couldn't find a real mode driver or memory
resident something or other.  It also says I could have a virus.  Full virus
scan reported nothing.

I'm sorry to be so long, but I'm stumped and don't know what to do.  I have a
Shuttle HOT 555a Ver 3.2 motherboard and am running Win95 service pack 1.
I've been to Shuttles web site and I couldn't find anything that might help.

What should I do?

TIA
Kevin Nowicki

                                  -----