From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 2003 10:22:59 -0700
Unfortunately I don't have a solution to this problem since it has been
haunting me as well. It appears that Windows XP has a problem in doing what
it is supposed to be able to do - remember folder settings. In particular,
my Control Panel keeps coming up as detail view rather than icons that I
keep setting it to. Sometimes it remembers through a reboot, but then it
goes back to detail view again. It does appear to be a configuration problem
because not all of my Win XP Pro installations have this problem. I have 4
computers that have XP on them and the worst problem is on my own machine.
But then, my machine has the most applications and special drivers
installed. If you do find an answer, many people will want to hear about the
fix!

Peter
The NoSpin Group