From:
Bill Swingle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 16:50:55 -0700
Hi all,

        I think this will be an easy question for most of you to answer but for the
life of me I'm missing the answer.

I'm installing an old 486 board with an AMI 486DX Bios, and ISA slots with
some VLB slots. I have some unknown Multiport cards and have tried several
kinds to get the serial and parallel ports working. In MSD it shows that
they are there, in the Bios they show up but I can't get status on them with
Mode Com1 /status, Mouse setup software does not see them in DOS and Windows
95 does not see a mouse connected but will recognize there are ports there.

The symptoms are the same on all 4 of the Multiport cards I have.

        I'm stumped. What am I doing wrong.

Bill <Bout Ready To Break It>

                                  -----