From:
"Glen L. Bowes" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 08:59:28 -0400
Thanks for that Kyle, I stand corrected. Just one point I'd like to make
though, if these Compaqs refuse to keep the proper drive parameters, have
you checked the CMOS batteries (longshot that 10 would be bad)?

If the batteries are good and Compaq doesn't have a BIOS update to correct
this situation, it would seem to me that these computers are prime
candidates for being repacked and shipped directly back to Compaq.