Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2007 16:16:03 EDT
Not sure if you're referring to Killdisk or BiteByBite. If Killdisk, after
downloading, save to a floppy disc and only open the program by putting it in a
 computer and re-starting. This program wipes EVERYTHING from the drive. I
assume  there would be a simple interface to make sure this is what you want to
do  before proceeding but I have NOT used it.

 If you're referring to BiteByBite, which I use frequently, start the
program then search the file tree in the left window till you find the folder
containing the files you want to delete. When you double click the folder, all  the
files in that folder will appear in the right-hand window. Right-click  each
file you want to delete and then left-click "add selected files". This will
place the file in the lower window. When all files to be deleted are in the
bottom window, click the "Delete" button at the top left corner and let it do
it's thing. When it's finished all the files in the lower window will
dissappear.

 As I said before, I haven't tried any "lost file retrieval" software  to see
if there are any remnants of the deleted files so I can't "swear" to it's
effectiveness.

 Also, as I said, be sure to check the properties of each file first  to make
sure they're NOT set to "read only" or you will find yourself going  through
the process of selecting them all over again!

 I have also seen programs that are intended solely for removal of  internet
related files but since I've never used them I can't offer any  advice about
there use or effectiveness.

 Good Luck,
 -Phil-

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: