Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 18:33:42 -0400

On Wed 07/16, Michele wrote: in Reply to Howard Rubin, "Can I replace a monitor cable"

Just a thought really. Would it not be possible to actually cut the cable on the monitor ... and then join the cable somehow with one of better quality? I wouldn't know, as I've never seen the inside of a monitor cable, but, I would have thought that as long as you joined the right coloured wires properly and safely), then there is a chance that it may work.Is this possible?

Hi Michele,
That is a great idea but it'almost imposible to do because of the shielding inside the cables.
I have tried it once because I didn't want to spend $40 for a new cable but after 3 hours gave it up.

Actually, if your have the right cable it's only a minor job to change out. (if your handy with tools)

I've worked on many monitors over my 45 years of electronic repair and do not know of a single factual case of anyone being killed. Granted, the death stories are many and you can get shocked. However those with with bad hearts can be in danger.

Mike michel

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml