From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 23:52:25 -0500
From: Bill Nussbaumer :Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] GeForce2 / AGP4X / and Abit
BH6

> Thanks for your replies you're being most helpful.  I have a 300 Watt
power
> supply but my BIOS reports the voltage at only 3.28.  I'm running a TNT1
> card, 2 hard drives and two CD-ROMs (1 rewritable), a creative
soundblaster
> plus an ethernet card.  Would I be able to up the voltage by purchasing an
> abit BE6-2 motherboard?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Bill

Bill,

Yes, the BE6 II does allow you to change the I/O voltage in the Soft Menu
section of the BIOS.  The 3.28 voltage on your current motherboard should
support the GeForce SDR and DDR and will definietly work with the GeForce2
which has lower voltage requirements then the GeForce SDR and DDR because it
is made with the .18 micron technology.  There is also the GeForce2 MX which
will have a lower price then the GeForce2.  I believe Tom's Hardware has a
review on the GeForce2 MX.

You may also want to read this article on Tom's Hardware: Showdown at 133
MHz FSB - Part 2, The Real McCoy for more information on the BX motherboards
and overclocking them to 133 Mhz bus speed.

Hope this helps,

Mary Wolden