From:
Art Cassel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 21:51:19 -0700
HP 5p does indeed have a power button (matter of fact it's about two
feet from my nose at the moment).  If you have booted the computer with
the scanner already turned on, I would suggest totally deleting the
software (Including registry entries (please back it up first ;>). ) and
going through a complete reinstall of SCSI card. scanner and software.
You might also check the HP web site for possible solutions to your
problem.  It is well set up and gave me real mode drivers for mine
(IRQ's! Sixteen relics of the Cenozoic age living on in modern
computers.  There's gotta be a better way.).

Art Cassel

Numerous people wrote;

REG> One thing to keep in mind....HP scanners have to be connected and
running
REG> before you start the computer.  If you are going to use the scanner
during
REG> you next computer session....turn the scanner on...then start your
computer.

Later HP's don't have a power button... so you don't have much choice...

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html