From:
Brad Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 08:01:20 -0700
Another thing you can try that has worked for me in the past, and why this
is I have no idea, is to open your connection in Dial Up Networking from My
Computer, under Modem Properties, the exact same layout as in Control Panel,
and move the slider from there. For some reason I would have to adjust both
places when I used a modem and Win98 to be rid of the racket.
Brad Loomis
Los Angeles, CA

I'm trying to get rid of the annoying dial up noise when accessing my modem.
I tried moving the volume bar in control panel, modem properties.  This
worked a little bit but I can still hear the beeping.  Then I tried using
the advanced button in the connection tab to enter AT MO in the extra
settings field but then when I tried to dial up I got an error message that
dial-up networking was unable to complete the connection. The error number
was 630 - what does that mean?  The message box said that the modem was not
responding correctly and to check the connections, etc.  The only thing I
did was enter the code in the extra setting field.  Hope someone out there
can help.  Thanks.  Dianne Gronfors

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml