From:
Brad Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2001 20:48:46 -0700
Hi Marshall,
I built my first computer about four years ago using Pricewatch.com I still
us it for shopping for other items and keeping track of prices in general. I
would also recommend that if you find a "bargain" that you then go to
http://www.resellerratings.com/
and look at what others experience is with who you have in mind. Some
sellers are definitely better than others. Building your own machine is
really not that hard, and a lot of fun. Looking forward to doing my next
soon.

Brad Loomis
Los Angeles, CA

Go to www.pricewatch.com to find parts.  There are lists by type and by
manufacturer.  It lists the lowest to the highest prices, shipping &
handling, and you can clickthrough to the seller's web site.  Keep in mind
that buying sensitive parts on the Internet creates a big headache returning
them if they are defective.  Been there & done that.

I have been looking at  the documentation on the "Free PC Tech" about
building a basic PC.  I'm ready to begin my own.  I've been inside my
current PC and am really thinking that I could build one as well, instead of
purchasing a new computer.

My 1st (very basic) question....where, on the web?  or from catalogs? do you
go to get the parts?  I have a CompUSA store within 2 hours, but I'd really
like to get everything off of the web.  Is this a viable approach?

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com