From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 15:39:50 -0400
High quality ppga LX motherboards can be pushed to 500 using a celeron, they
will not support a flip-chip celeron ( all the celerons over 533) without
the upgrade socket converter.  I have a couple ppga lx boards, and one or
two slot-1 boards.  Using the latest slot 1 to fc-pga converters, you could
put a 733 celeron on an lx slot-1 motherboard.  The FSB will always run at
66, but my boards at least have some optimizing memory timing selections in
cmos.  With 100 mhz ram you can take advantage of these if your cmos has
them too, due to the lower nanosecond rating of the 100 mhz sdram.  Aside
from that, 100 mhz is usually better quality at a lower price.
Tom Turak