From:
Dennis Thiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 16:12:48 -0500
Some models of HP printers can't be shared on networks. My boss had a HP
820cxi (or cse...I can't remember for sure now) and the manual states that
it can't be used on a network. Also it's a Windows only printer...it won't
work in DOS mode. I was informed by HP tech support that this model is a
special one that was made just for Sam's Club...you can't buy it anywhere
else. It's a stripped down model so they can sell it cheap.

 My experience with HP printers has been less than stellar...they're slow to
print, noisy, expensive, the drivers are buggy, and the print quality is ok
but certainly not the best. My boss replaced his with an Epson Stylus Color
850...the print quality is outstanding, much better than HP, it's faster,
works in DOS, and can be shared on the network.

That's my two cent's worth.

Dennis Thiel