From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 May 1998 16:13:32 -0800
On 16 May 98 at 22:16, Don Cooley wrote:

> I was assuming that all of the hardware was installed (EIDEMAX,
> etc.) and then Partition Magic ought to take care of the partitions
> without having to re-format the whole disk and lose his data.
>
> On second thought it seems to me that once the EIDEMAX was installed
> the primary partition would be recognized and  it would be active
> then he could do an extended partition and make that drive D:  Then
> he could use Partition Magic to make both partition into one.  Does
> that make sense?

  I may have missed something here, but my impression is that the
drive has been configured to just the first 528MB (non-LBA), and now
LBA is being made available.
  Unfortunately, LBA means a change to how the drive "geometry" is
interpreted.  That's not a change that Partition Magic can make; the
BIOS has to be set to LBA and then the drive has to be reformatted,
and then partitioned.
  As soon as LBA is enabled in the BIOS, the current drive contents
are going to look "scrambled".  Partition Magic doesn't know how to
fix that.

David G