From:
Jun Qian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 23:21:28 +1000
Carl McGarry wrote:

Thanks matt.

> In my humble opinion, i think you are doing a lot of work that is
> unnecessary. I would utilitze Fdisk to create a Fat32 Partition.
> Install 98. Then install NT, creating the Partition size during the
> install, selecting NTFS. Then, using the Linux Installation boot disks, I would create the
> final, linux partition and its subsequent swap space. It *should*
> detect the 2 other partitions and allow for the addition of the
> boot options.

Because it's a 8.4G IDE harddisk, I either have to use win2000 or updated NT SP4 driver. also,
what he wants is a formatted partition, so as NT will only convert FAT to NTFS at first
reboot, I couldn't think any faster way to do the task.

> I would, speaking from experience, seriously reconsider the thought of
> installing a large drive to support 3 OS's. If that drive goes,
> everything is gone. I would suggest going to two smaller drives to
> support each, perhaps a linux/98 drive and an NT drive.

If he would like to buy another harddisk, I will try to tell him this.

J Qian