From:
Dean Kiley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 16:40:27 -0600
Michael,

I believe any tech will tell you to disconnect your system before doing any
service, however consider this... your system frame is connected to ground
while it is plugged in. I've added memory both ways, and had no problems. I
think as long as the system is shut off you're safe.

I guess the best advice is "just dive right on in there!" Leave the box open
when starting up the machine after the addition of the memory, and if there
is a problem, you will know it right away and the memory can be removed
without going through all the hooking up and buttoning, unbuttoning all over
again.

Just my two cents....

Dean Kiley

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,