From:
"Nasser, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 10:15:22 -0500
For the first desktop I built I ordered an Enlight AT case from
a mail vendor. It arrived with an AGI power supply devoid of UL,
etc. certification. Caused interference with AM radio reception.
I spent over a year wondering if the damned thang might burn my
house down if I ran out to pick up a newspaper or somesuch.

If the case sez "Enlight" I doubt the case is a counterfeit.
I don't think the AGI PS is from Enlight. My best guess is that
Enlight sells cases out the front door with fully certified
Enlight PS's, etc. and sells bare-bones cases without PS's out
the back door, possibly by the boxcar-load.
My current Enlight ATX case has a fully certified
PS that sez "Enlight".

Its best to get full specs on the PS before buying a case. If the
PS is not certified, I pass on the case (muy pronto!).

  Zalut,
  David

** David Nasser                     **      [log in to unmask]    **
** Univ. Mo. St. Louis              **                              **
**********************************************************************;

"Blues starts to rolling ...
 stops at my front do'.
 I'm gonna change my way of living ...
 won't have to worry no mo'."
     from "Blues Before Sunrise", Leroy Carr, maybe 1930

> Date:    Sat, 17 Jul 1999 13:30:19 -0400
> From:    Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Enlight Case? or not?
>
> This is an ongoing problem I have been having.
> Enlight Case -6680 Can't fit CD-ROM in lower drive bay
> (Apparently "old" NEW stock from factory vendor.)
> For lengthy reasons, I am wondering if I got _stuck_ with
> a clone or counterfeit case.
> Now the question.  Do Enlight Power Supplies EVER
> say AGI on them.  Should an AGI power supply be in there?
> What do they say if not? Enlight?
> Thanks a  lot in advance.     Rick Glazier

                            The NOSPIN Group
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org