From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2010 18:08:16 -0400
Are you still USING IT attached to the SAME USB adapter or in the same enclosure?
If not, I have my theories about ONLY using a drive WHERE it was formatted or setup.

I have a feeling you hooked it up "direct" to the MB.  That generally works, but IT
does not have to. There were different "flavors" of LBA translation in the past,
but at least on the MODERN MBs that seems to be somewhat standardized.

The USB adapters are REALLY cranky when you try to use them with older
(very small) drives.

Just a thought...

Rick Glazier

From: "Robert Lendrim"-Computer can't see 1TB USB drive

>I have a 1 TB sata drive formatted with Acronis as a single logical NTFS
> partition. I formatted it via USB using a Vista Thinkpad T60. The drive
> works fine on the Vista T60. When I connect it to an IBM ThinkCenter XP
> desktop, it is not seen. The little bell sounds indicating it is connected,
> but no notice on screen, and not seen by Explorer, Disk Management, or
> Acronis. The desktop bios is latest Jan 2008. The desktop has a
> larger internal 1.5 TB D: drive which works fine.
> Can anybody help me get this workng, or tell me why it won't work? Thank you
> very much.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com