From:
Robert Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 May 2009 10:36:09 +0930
Seems to me that you need better advice, I have two DVD drives and three
hard drives. One DVD is on the same IDE cable as one of the hard drives, I
can nominate either as 'master' or 'slave' according to jumper settings and
cable positions. I have another SATA hard drive and a SATA DVD as well as a
USB connected hard drive. The only device I cannot currently boot from is
the USB connected drive, there is no technical reason why not and I'm
working on that!

My previous set up had three hard drives and one DVD all connected via two
IDE cables.

You can enter the BIOS to set boot priorities, usually by pressing the
'delete' key during start up, without having Windows installed.

Windows XP has built in support for dual booting. After installing XP the
boot manager should give you a menu of installed operating systems where you
choose which to boot to.

Robert.