From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 00:09:04 GMT
My suggestion is that the PS/2 mouse controller has gone bad.  I had a
friend with the same problem with the same kind of machine about four years
ago (I begged him not to buy it).  I'm sorry, but they are very finicky and
did not last well.  I hope this is not your problem, but it is something you
might want to consider.

Kyle

>From: Edna Sloan <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] PS/2 mouse problem
>Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 15:01:59 -0500
>
>Having a problem with getting the PS/2 mouse detected on a Pacbell 486
>system.  It was working fine till I changed to another hard drive(I believe
>it was even working then, till I moved the unit to another room).  The
>system will boot till you hear the beep for loading windows95 and then just
>hangs with a flashing cursor.  It will boot up if I disconnect the mouse-
>and it will work fine with a serial mouse.  There is nothing on the system
>trying to use IRQ 12.  I have tried several good PS/2 mice with the same
>result.  I haven't checked the connector on the MB yet.  Any help
>appreciated,
>
>Edna sloan
>
>             Do you want to signoff PCBUILD or just change to
>                     Digest mode - visit our web site:
>                     http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html