From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 17:15:56 -0400
You need a copy of the BIOS flashing software, typically its a program that
will work for a specific BIOS brand, like AMI or AWARD, so it was not
written to work only for your board.  You usually get this program from your
motherboard's website, although it may have shipped with the board if you
got a cd with it.  If you go to the website make sure you get the one that's
right for your BIOS brand.  Your motherboard manufacturer might equip
different products with a BIOS from a different source, so they will list
more than one flashing software in their download section. (I'm making a
point about this because I have seen some atrocious download pages.)
Anyway, the flash software will have instructions for using it to save the
existing BIOS.  This is something they generally recommend before you flash
a new version into the BIOS, so the flashing software has the backup ability
built-in.
Tom Turak