From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 14:19:33 -0500
> Hi again.  I use HP Colorado BackupII to back my computer up to a tape
> drive.  Now I notice  on my C drive I have a backup folder from 1996-1998.
> I think this is part of a Dos backup system I may have used prior to HP
> Colorado.
>
> Could I safefully delete all these files, in fact, this entire folder?
>
> I am trying to recover some space on my hard drive.

     Well if you have correctly identified them as backups it would not be
detrimental to the operation of your system to delete them. However before
doing that I would first at least have a look at what they contain, there
might be stuff in there that you want but don't remember. Would it be
possible instead of deleting them to burn them to CD or just back up the
backups onto their own tape? I have caught myself once or twice just before
deleting old backups to realize that there was something irreplaceable in
them. TTYL