From:
"Villano, Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 08:38:13 -0400
************PERSONAL OPINION**************NOT AN
ENDORSEMENT**************************

Same here.  My home computer, an HP 500C, died an ignoble death recently but
only after many years of constant, gruelling service and three moves...not
to mention rough handling from yours truly.  Grin.  Only printer I ever had
and I'm looking to replace it.  A review of ZD NET said their editor's
choice is the latest HP (forget what the number is...there are so many...)
which is pricey but worth it and supposedly does outstanding output from
black and white print jobs to photo-like printing on photo paper.  (I'm
aware that some folks think such reviews are biased towards advertisers.)

What intrigues me most is that the "high end" price of this printer is about
half of what I paid for the old one...and I can buy it off the shelf at my
local "Super Store"!  (Have you ever noticed the wide variety of PC stuff
you can buy off the shelf from generic supermarkets these days?  USB
ports...Dazzle...Incredible!)  Sometimes, progress IS a good thing!  Grin.

************PERSONAL OPINION**************NOT AN

Paul