From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 07:04:14 -0700
I suspect that the share you are seeing is something like E$ where "E" is
you USB drive letter. This is an administrative share and is present for all
of you disk devices. Open a command window and issue the "net share"
command. You will then see all of the default administrative shares that are
enabled. It is possible to defeat this auto share activity, but that
requires some modifications in the registry. I don't have a link at hand for
more on this, but you might try searching the web for information on
administrative shares if you want to pursue this further.

Peter
The NoSpin Group

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml