From:
Constance Chang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 May 1998 16:06:55 -0700
I had several multi I/O cards.  Some of them do require driver to turn on
the second IDE port (though the jumper is set to turn on already.)  I
didn't realize that before, and I had my CD-ROM connect to the second IDE
port.  Sometimes I need to reboot multiple times to get my CD-ROM driver to
loaded.  It worked every time after I load the I/O card's driver.  For some
card, driver is not only for enable 32-bit access, it is also required to
turn on the second IDE port.

But, if you do have a soundcard that has a IDE port conflicting with your
secondary IDE.  You do need to find a way to disable it.  Or, if you don't
have whole lot harddrives. just disable the secondary IDE on the multi I/O
card (I think that should be easier) and use the IDE port on the soundcard.
 But, if you do so, you will not be able to run harddrive off the sound
card.

Constance Chang