Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 19:42:50 +0200
Hi

ok First off u need to make sure that u have all your drivers on disk
(CD-ROM / magnetic) then u need make a Boot-Disk (Control Panel ->
Add/Remove Programs)
Then back-up your Address Book (U can do this via your email client and or
your address book program if its a 3rd party one) Also a back-up of your
bookmarks/favourites. Sumtime u overlook these as important data...believe
me they are...sum ppl are very touchy about not receiving an email reply
from you and "I lost your address" seldom works as an excuse

Make sure there is an Autoexec.bat file on your Boot-Disk and make sure its
EXACTLY the same as the one on your HD. (It may not have the line(s) in it
that initialise your CD-ROM Drive, if it doesn't then copy these missing
lines from the Autoexec.bat on your HD to the one on your Boot-Disk. Change
all refrences in these lines from your HD to your removable media drive (eg:
A:\ ) then copy the Folder on your HD with the MSCDEX.EXE file in it (This
loads your CD-ROM Drive) to the Boot-Disk (Keep the Directory names the same
as u only changed the Drive Refernce in the Autoexec.bat.

You are now ready to FDISK and FORMAT your HD to your hearts content :-)

Double check u have backed-up important data
Insert your Boot-Disk
Restart your PC
(If at this point your PC Loads normally then u have your computer loading
from the HD first and not from the A:\ if this is the case goto your CMOS
and change this so that the PC tries to load from your A:\ first (A:\ is
assumed to be the drive that your Boot-Disk uses)
You should now be sitting with the DOS prompt ( A:\> )
Take note that your CD-ROM Drive was initialised from the Boot-Disk, if it
wasn't then u/I haven't done the Autoexec.bat step correctly (been a while
since i made a boot-disk)
If it did....
** Take a deep breath **
Then FORMAT or FDISK.
Once thats done, Goto your CD-ROM Drive (assummed to be D:\)
type D:\setup
And Follow the Instructions

**PHEW**

Hope I helped