From:
Mike Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2003 09:43:36 EDT
Dear Altaf,

Here is a tip that I ran into that might help you from a hardware Guru 'Da
Larry' on the web:

"There is one small hope Steve Gibson (www.grc.com) makes a utility called
"Spinrite". It is a low level format program that can recover bad sectors and
make disks with problems like yours usable. I used an early version a long
time ago and it actually worked. However, I haven't used it on disks as dense
as today's drives. I think you are better of just buying a new one since
theyt are so cheap."

Maybe you can squeeze a little more life from your hard drives.

Regards,
Mike Scott

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml