From:
Cesar Mendoza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 23:30:38 -0500
Hi, I am new to the list, hope I can be of help to you someday, hope you can
help me today.

I have 2 problems.

Problem 1.
I have a self assembled computer running Windows 98 (Pentium 200MHz, 48MB
RAM, VX Motherboard) that (recently) every now and then freezes for no
aparent reason (no matter what you are doing). I've already discarted the
hard disk, the modem, the CD-ROM and the software installation (I
reinstalled all Windows 98 + Aplications). The only things I was not able to
replace (and thereof test) were the sound card, the video card and the 3
vitals (processor, motherboard and memory). This is strange, this machine
never failed before. Please help, this is urgent. Thanks.

Problem 2.
An electrical problem, where I live we don't use the third connector
(ground) in common houses. I want to ground one computer (not the one
before) how do I do this? I have tried attaching a cable to the chasis and
to the window, but this does not work. If I touch the cable, the computers
is grounded, so I was thinking about bringing my dog here and attaching the
cable (I am sure he won't mind :-). Please help. Thanks.

Thanks (again) in advance. Excuse my english.

Cesar Mendoza