From:
Cesar Mendoza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 09:32:16 -0500
Hi. Thanks for helping me with my last two problems, I'll try the things you
said.

Problems seem to follow me.

Problem 3.
I have been working with my old and trustable MITSUMI CD-ROM 4X for the last
4 years. I was beginning to have problems with it from time to time. The
chance came to buy a new drive and I did. I bought a CREATIVE CD-ROM 24X
(CD2423E). Now some of my CDs (or to be precisely some of my files on those
CDs) I can not read.

The strange thing is that I have an HP CD-WRITER PLUS 7100 (the one I use to
record my CDs, always in 1X) and it can read (in "normal mode" 6X, not
"recording mode" 1X) all my CDs without problems. I have tried in some other
CD-ROM drives and the problems seem to be random (sometimes they appear
here, sometimes they appear in some other file).

Why is that? Aren't CD-ROM drives supposed to accomplish some standard or
something to be sure all can read the same CD? I have experienced these
problems with some old units, but I thought the age was their problem. I
would like to understand what is going on. Please.

Thanks in advance. Again.

Cesar Mendoza

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html