From:
David Karas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 14:44:01 -0800
I have noticed that many seem to have forgotten the basic list guidelines. Here
is some excerpts from the Welcome message. This is a support list so some off
topic posts will be appropriate but it is always nice if there is a paleo tie
in. Over quoting when replying is always a problem. We do have archives if
anyone needs to look up more.
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/paleofood.html

David  Karas - listowner paleofood
* CONTENT of messages posted to the list:
- are to be supportive and informative, not confrontational
- no "off topic" posting
- do not post to topics which have a '!STOPPER
- use private email for messages not relevant to all subscribers
- no foul language
- no cross posting the same message to two or more lists

* YOUR EMAIL PROGRAM SETUP should be plain text so that your
posts will be readable by all subscribers regardless of their
computer and email program.
- no text/enriched
- no charset="x-user-defined"
- no HTML
- no attachments
- no winmail.dat files
- no multipart/mixed
- no multipart/signed
- no multipart/alternative
- no multipart/related
- no quoted printable MIME encoding
- no Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
- no Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
- no multi-part message in MIME format

* EDITING OF MESSAGES REPLIED TO
- trim all but what is absolutely essential
- quoted text should be less than new text
- never quote headers nor entire messages
- try not quoting at all, paraphrase as an alternative
- remove any trailers

* SUBJECT LINES
- change DIGEST subject lines to reflect the topic of the post
- if the topic is changed under a thread, change the subject line

* SIGNATURE FILES
- the use of sig. files and quote lines are not allowed