From:
Jay Banks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 13:47:28 -0600
> Hi Mary,
>
> Some months ago I saw a program on the Discovery Channel about a
neurosurgeon
> named Dr. Black (I don't remember his first name) out in California who is
> operating on brain tumors in people considered inoperable by numerous
other
> doctors. It's not much to go on, but it's something. He is also using
other
> techniques, such as vaccines made from the person's own tumor. He
apparently
> has success rates far beyond what anyone else has been able to accomplish.

I would definitely seek a nutritional approach to cancer, since it is
(mainly) a deficiency disease. But if you feel you must see a medical
doctor, there is also Dr. Stanislaw R. Burzynski, who has had
great results in people considered inoperable, too.

There is a complete article about Dr. Burzynski here:

http://www.vitaminb17.org/dr_burynski.htm

Highlight from the article:

Based on his careful analysis of each of the 17 patients in the study who
responded to treatment with antineoplastons, Dr. Burdick found that "there
were 7 complete remissions, one patient having had a second complete
remission after he discontinued antineoplaston therapy which resulted in his
tumor regrowing. There were nine partial remissions, two cases of stable
disease, and no disqualifications. The average duration of therapy with
antineoplastons necessary to obtain a complete remission was 10 months with
a range of 2 to 20 months. The average duration of antineoplaston therapy
necessary to obtain a partial response was 8 months with a range of 1 to 14
months. The average duration of complete remissions is 16+ months with all
six complete remissions continuing to remain in remission to the best of my
knowledge through January 1, 1997. The duration of complete remissions
ranged from 3+ months to 40+ months with the duration of partial remissions
averaging 18+ months and ranging from 5 to 78+ months."

Summing up, Dr. Burdick told Judge Lake that he was "very impressed with the
number of complete and partial responses that I have seen here, compared
with the number of such responses that I have seen in my own personal
experience. The responses here are also far in excess of any prior series of
patients published in the medical literature." Even after two patients were
subsequently downgraded from "partial remission" to "stable disease," the
response rate (partial or complete remissions) was "an astounding 33% with a
complete remission rate of 15%. Such remission rates are far in excess of
anything that I or anyone else has seen since research work on brain tumors
began."

Jay Banks
www.vitaminb17.org
www.roadtowellsville.com