From:
Kristina Carlton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2006 10:22:09 -0500
Supposedly pigs are 80% like humans and therefore it is not healthy to eat
them - besides the fact that they are scavengers and will eat feces and/or
their own young among other things.

Here is what Mercola has to say:

"Pigs are scavenger animals and are frequently contaminated with parasites
that aren't removed through the cooking process. It would be best to avoid
all ham and pork products. Pork can be heavily contaminated with mold spores
in its fat and is also used in labs to culture cancer cells, because it
increases their growth."