From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 06:33:16 -0400
Bernard Lischer wrote:

>Brian...
>
>one suggestion would be to begin your experience with meat on a wild animal
>basis.  Wild (non farmed) fish and range-fed land meat.

Brian does have some options for range-fed meat in NYC. Down at the Tribeca
greenmarket (on Greenwich St below Chambers) on Saturday (8 AM to noon)
Reba Farms sells range-fed beefalo. They also sell organic chicken and
pork, though the chicken is fed feed, and I don't know how they feed the
pork. They were not there last Saturday, but should be coming in this
Saturday. If you want to be sure before going down there call Franz or
Renata Bammert at 518-642-0517.

At the big greenmarket at Union Square there is someone that sells organic
chicken, though I have never been there then to see who it is.

Don (Park Slope Brooklyn).