From:
Mateja Mikek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 11:20:45 +0200
Brian Chenensky wrote:

> Dear Members: I started the PaleoDiet two weeks ago, however, since I have
> been a lacto-ovo vegetarian for the past 23 years, I am not (yet?) eating
> meat or fish-only egg whites ( approx. 18/day), fruits, vegetables and a
> little olive oil. I have not yet added nuts. I am 42 years old and type 2
> (NIDDM) diabetic for the past 7 years. I was taking 5mg Glucotrol XL 4 times
> a day and 500 mg Glucophage daily. Even with the pills, my morning blood
> sugar was still 250 ( and my tryglicerides were 500+). after just a few days
> on the PaleoDiet, my morning blood sugar is 125to140to150 - without any
> pills. (I'll test my tryglicerides shortly). My weight has gone from 210 to
> 200. Aside from adding meat and fish, does anyone have any
> suggestions/comments about my diet? Thanks in advance. Brian Chenensky, New
> York, New York

Hi.

Just a thought...it seems some foods (like onions and garlic, cinnamon and many
more) lower blood sugar. Perhaps you could try some of those? Here are some
links:

http://www.srvitamins.com/Articles/LoweringInsulinRequirementsWithoutDrugs.htm
http://azuswebworks.com/herbs/onion.htm
http://www.naturopathic.org/articles.lay/diabetes.bot.JS.html (search for