From:
Brenda Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2006 10:34:35 -0800
I'm pretty much in agreement with Ginny and Lynn.  I have a SLIGHTLY differing outlook on the veggie part, though.  No, I don't feed them "on purpose", but, as Lynn said, I will let them clean my plate with whatever happens to be leftover.  For the simple fact that no one actually knows for sure whether there is some small modicum of "veggie matter/aftermath", for lack of a better word, lol, in the prey animal other than in its stomach cavity.  However, even if that is so, I still don't worry about the veggie stuff.  With eating my occasional leftovers, I feel that if there's the teeniest chance that they actually do need a bit of it, they're getting it.  Whatever "it" may be!!!  We've been rawfeeding for over four years now, most of it consisting of bird meat/bones because my dogs are so little.  No health issues to speak of.  Wish I could bring MYSELF to partake of some of that raw meat, lol.

  Love,
  Bren, not so Paleo, but her dogs are  :)

  PS  Don, like Ginny said, it's a heckuva lot cheaper to just buy the meat/bones yourself!!!  :)

  Here are some great sites with rawfeeding information. The third is a
yahoo group for prey model raw, which is what you are asking about.
Dogs are not built physically to break down and absorb nutrients from
vegetation. If you have to puree, process, and mush it all up for them
to get any nutrition why bother? Dogs are carnivores, which a lot of
people don't realize. They will eat what they can find when food is not
available, which I think someone mentioned in another thread about
tubers and humans. : ) When it comes to vegetables, if my dogs choose
to eat some grass then they are getting vegetation. Other then that I
don't give them vegetables, unless it happens to be some leftover I am
eating that they want to scarf up.

http://www.rawfeddogs.net/
http://www.rawlearning.com/

Sincerely,