Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2006 14:38:42 EST

In a message dated 12/10/2006 12:22:54 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

I've  seen comments regarding raw dog food. I'm currently feeding  my 2
dogs  a (commercial) raw  meat/vegi mix dogfood. I remember  seeing a
comment that stated   the vegetable  portion ,  carrots for example, just
runs through. I suspect that paleo dogs were  probably 100% carnivorous.
Are there dog owners out there that just feed  their dogs raw meat and
fish only?  Anyone see any benefit to the  vegi portion or is it just a
waste and maybe even harmful to the  dog?
Don

We have 4 small dogs (10-24 pounds) and they eat  a combination of:

Raw chicken necks
Cooked and raw beef
Raw beef bones for chewing
Prairie Raw medallions (meat, bone and veg  mixture)
Smoked beef and pork
Rice, meat & veggies cooked  together
Our leftovers (but no mushrooms, onions,  etc.)
Cooked turkey and chicken

They usually eat a small amount of veggies 2-3  times a week, but I don't
know if they are really getting any more nutrition  from their veggies than from
the grass they graze on outside.

I base my feeding plan on the theory that  domesticated dogs are descended
from the ancestors who thrived on what they  mooched from the humans and since
we eat a mainly paleo diet, our food should  suit them as well.

Robyn\
'