From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 07:29:32 +0000
><<<<Leave [chicken soup] on the stove and bring to a boil once every 24
>hours>>
>
>Sounds risky.  Pathogenic bacteria grow in hazardous foods when the internal
>temperature of the food is between 40 - 140 F.  Some pathogens,
>staphylococcus aureus for instance, produce heat stable toxins that are not
>affected when reheating the product to a boil.>>
>
>  My experience and understanding with stockpots left on the stove is that
>they are always left simmering, and the temp is increased on them once a
>day.
>

>Siobhan

Geez; I should be dead... But I do boil them up two or three times a day.
Since my stove  has a gonzo output, I can't leave things on simmer. Been
eating this way all my life, as my mom used to cook this way. Throw
something else in the soup; boil it. Throw leftovers in; boil it. Find some
old soup in the fridge, throw it in and boil it. Score a bunch of new
bones, or the recreational bone my dog has eaten the goodie off of, throw
it in and boil it. Heat up raw meat in it. Put in more fresh garlic or
ginger...

ginny and Tomo, "Mom makes GOOD soup!"

All stunts performed without a net!